Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Level 4 Rest Day on V-Day!

Level 4 has been kicking my butt!!
Day 1 (Thursday) was pretty okay, I knew it was going to be difficult as every Day 1 is for each new level, at least for me it is.  I was weighing at my lowest on this day, but I knew with the weekend just around the corner that wasn't going to last. 
Day 2 (Friday) was just as difficult, I didn’t get to do my full 30 minutes of cardio since I had an event to attend in the evening, yes, you read correctly, I am still doing my workout in the evenings from time to time.  Like I said before, I am NOT a morning person.  In the beginning it was actually great, I was pumped when I got up (at 5AM!!), but just like any new thing for me, it became a drag after several consecutive days.  I still plan on working out in the AM, I just can't do it every day. 
Saturday was my Rest Day, ate way too much homemade/take-out food, and if you're Hispanic like me, you know that homemade food (Mexican) is usually worse than take out.  Damn' homemade flour tortillas, they get me every time!
Day 3 (Sunday) Ate more "let's get Cindy fat" food, and it was so tasty, but now I'm seeing the consequences on the scale.
Day 4 (Monday) I behaved a lot better, I ate a grilled chicken salad with fruit for lunch and did my cardio (30 minutes!) and mat workout.  My dinner was not as light as it should be, but I couldn't say no to my personal chef (hubby).  The mat workout is still difficult for me.  I have been feeling the burn during the arms series, which I'm actually excited about.  I noticed that through Levels 1-3, my arms got a little defined around the upper and outer part of my arms, the under part however, I have not seen any changes, still have 'bat wings'.  I think I might see some changes in this level.  Oh, and I really hate side planks!  I cannot seem to balance and fall every 3 reps or so.  Blah!  I know I have to complete this though.

Decided to take my rest day today as a small Valentine's gift to my body.  :)
Now the question... Should I indulge in this?


I can't let this go to waste can I?  But it's just staring at me, sitting nice a pretty on my desk.  I wish I knew how many calories it contains.  I wish I had a heart rate monitor to know how much cardio I would have to do to burn this tomorrow.  Geez, I really need a HRM, I will have to start saving for one, but it's really difficult to save now that I've decided to go back to school.  There is not much that I am able to save when it comes to things like workout accessories.  :-( 
Maybe I'll just eat half. Okay, who am I kidding, I know I'm going to succumb to this sometime before 5pm, I wish I had stronger will power.  Ugh….Another full 30 minutes of cardio it will be then.

3 comments:

  1. That cupcake looks good! Usually I consider the battle to be lost if there are sweets on my desk, so I just enjoy. Glad you didn't let the cupcake go to waste. We all need a nice splurge once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! Yes, I did indulge and enjoyed it very much. :-) Ready for my work out tonight! :: stretching arms over head:: yup, I need it and I'm determined not to fall during side planks.

      Delete