Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hungry Cindy = Grouchy Cindy

Level 4 Down!
It feels crazy knowing that I have actually stuck with this lifestyle change for the past 40+ Days.  Over the weekend I finally gave into the Dynamic Eating Plan and began making all the purees, puddings and juices for the week (plus I had just bought my juicer) and was very excited.  So my day 1 was yesterday and I thought it was going to be a breeze.  But much to my surprise I couldn’t even manage to stomach one of the servings.  (weak, I know)

The Power Juice was not too bad, I love greens so it was manageable for me, not quite what I thought it would taste like, who am I kidding, Kale, Spinach, Beets, how could I not have known it was going to taste just as it does?  Any who, I drank this in the AM in place of my morning Joe, when 10AM came around, I opened my lunch bag and decided on the sweet potato corn pudding and I was only able to consume ¼ of a spoonful and that was it! It wasn’t so much about the taste, because I actually do like veggies, it was the texture.  And then I realized almost everything on the Nutrient Boost week would be the same reaction and I was disappointed.

 So what I am going to do, what I know I can do, even though it isn’t suggested by Tracy is just to eat the dishes as is once they are steamed, you know, before you throw them in the processer.  So my meals for yesterday wound up being the power juice for breakfast, grilled chicken sandwich for lunch with water and the Veggie Soup.  Today will be pretty much the same as yesterday, with the Power Juice for breakfast, grilled chicken salad and will be having the Veggie Soup again for dinner.  We’ll see how this goes.  I haven’t had a chance to try my new method with steamed veggies instead of purees, been way too busy. 

Already I can feel a complete loss of energy both yesterday and today.  I’m not sure if this is because my body is not used to the low calorie diet or if it’s because I haven’t had any caffeine, or maybe it’s both.  I do miss my Diet drinks.  L Yesterday, it took so much will power to do my DC, I didn’t even get to the 30 mins and this morning I felt so fatigue I just couldn’t do any DC, went straight to the MS.  Missing DC is not like me at all, yes I may not like it too much, but I always manage to get it in.  I’m starting to feel a little uninspired, I will need to do another couple of hours reading posts on the Community Page, this always helps. 

Tomorrow is my Level 5 Day 1, hope I can manage to get up in the AM to do this the way it should be done with 30 mins. DC and MS. 

Happy TAMing, or is it?  Yes, it will be again for me!!! 

Oh, measurements for this Level, I only lost 1.75 inches!  Granted, I should still be happy, and for the most part I am, I think it’s all this change in my system that’s making me grouchy-fatigue.  I really need to get through this.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! A day with yucky food is just very disappointing. I start the Bootcamp meal plan tomorrow. I hope that I don't fall over! I like your plan to eat the food without the blending. I think a lot of people have also added some calories to the plan. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I looked at the Bootcamp meal plan as well, and it looks so much better, I think. Hope you don't fall over either, haha. Keep me posted. I have tweaked my plan again to accommodate my busy life, I am going to do both steamed veggies (probably not all, everyday like what's on the dynamic eating plan) and do some more juicing since this is so much faster for me and less time consuming. Plus, I already lost another pound by just subing my morning coffee witht the power juice! Felt very rewarding.

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I think you will still see awesome results even if you don't puree the foods. I have read that Tracy recommends that if you can't stomach the baby food texture, then to at least prepare the foods in the way she recommends (ie: steaming, raw) and it sounds like that's what you already planned to do. Just make sure you are chewing the food up really well so that it's kind of pureed going down. I got that tip from Michelle Styles. She's full of food and diet knowledge. Good luck and I'm sure everything will go lovely. Don't worry. Besides, everybody loves a part-time grouch! At least that's what I tell myself on the days I'm feeling grouchy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jae! I also read posts from Michelle Styles on the Community Page, gosh, I wish I was that knowledgeable about food and nutrition. She's great. Thanks for the motivation! I really needed that. :)

      Delete